DAWSON Defense & Space Honolulu, HI
Network/Systems Administrator Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Opportunity in Saudi Arabia
The Descriptions of the Job Role
DAWSON has an opportunity for a network/systems administrator with primary implementation in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and/or another mid-East Country. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: · Implements, maintains, and supports systems infrastructure.
· Executes strategic infrastructure and systems designs.
· Installs, configures, and manages network and storage solutions as needed.
· Optimizes network hardware, software, servers, storage, and communications infrastructure.
· Ensures infrastructure redundancy and disaster recovery processes function properly.
· Evaluates new systems information technologies and their effect on the environment.
· Configures server hardware and software in accordance to cybersecurity security policies, principles, and practices.
· Performs daily maintenance and reports on systems.
· Performs install, setup, and maintenance of specified cyber security tools and images.
· Performs install, setup, and maintenance of Active Directory Users, Groups, and Policies.
· Creates and manages OS and computer software end item images and configurations.
· Performs asset management for assigned hardware, software, and equipment.
· Performs network hardware checkout, assembly, and install activities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: · This job has no supervisory responsibilities. QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher required from an accredited college or university in a technical related field, preferably in cyber security, computer science, engineering or information systems or 5+ years equivalent professional job-related experience.
· 7+ years system administration experience.
· CompTIA A+ certification
· Experience with Microsoft Server and Linux/RedHat software
· Experience with Active Directory.
· Experience with LANs, WANs, LANs, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routers, and Switches.
· Experience installing rack mounted equipment. Includes basic cabling to peripheral devices and power distribution units.
· Experience with network and infrastructure monitoring to ensure efficient use of power and cooling resources.
· Up to 80% overseas travel will be required to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
· Professional oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to work independently and on global teams.
· CompTIA Network+ (or CCNA) certification
· Strong understanding of IT security principles, technologies, best practices, and NIST guidance with experience in standards-compliance
· Experience with virtualized networks or VMware Certified Professional
· Experience with cybersecurity analytic tools such as IBM Qradar (SIEM and Resilient), VMware Vcenter, Carbon Black, Microsoft Enterprise Services, Blue Coat Proxy Management Center, Blue Coat Security Analytics Management Symantec End Point protection, Nexpose Rapid7, Enterprise Gigamon/GigaVUE, Viavi, and RedSeal Security Analytics COMPETENCIES: · Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce. · Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values. · Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. · Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. · Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. · Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. · Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. · Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
· Must pass medical physical and deemed fit for overseas travel/work
· Work environment requires ability to walk on/off base and in between facilities (across military installation) in high-heat (100+ degrees), ability to tolerate dry climate, dust/sand, with occasional tobacco smoke in the work environment.
· Must be able to travel to, from, and within foreign country independently