- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- MatchTechnical Support
- MatchNetwork Operations Center (NOC)
- MatchCisco Routers
- No matchNetwork Monitoring Tools
- No matchHelp Desk Support
- No matchARP
- No matchProactive Monitoring
- No matchJuniper Switches
- No matchESM
Our client, one of the world’s leading telecommunication companies is interviewing immediately for multiple L1 NOC Engineers with IP / MPLS experience. Certificates such as CCNA or CCNP are a massive bonus. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a multi-national telecom firm that provides services to the world’s leading operators across the globe. Based in Newbury, you will be a customer-facing Resident Engineer with one of the leading network operators in the UK.
Scope of Work
The L1 Resident Engineers (REs) will work with the UK Network Operations Department on a shift basis, serving as “staff augmentation” supporting them in the following areas:
- Handle day-by-day maintenance activities (i.e. open tickets toward the client’s Central Support Portal, interact with the client’s local/Central L2/L3 support engineers, support troubleshooting activities by collecting logs and traces, execute restore/resolution activities recommended by the client’s local/Central L2/L3 support engineers, …)
- Handle proactive monitoring and surveillance activities
- Event detection and isolation,
- Low complexity troubleshooting and fault resolution activities
- Escalation of higher complexity issues to the client’s local/Central L2/L3 Support Engineers
- Routine diagnostics and corrective action management
- Knowledge sharing activities with UK Operations Department Personnel on specific subjects related to Nokia IP Routers configuration and Operations best practice in the operator’s UK Environment.
Work of the Resident Engineers will be limited to individual Nokia IP network elements that are part of the BNG Service in the operator.
- The following attributes would be desirable for the engineer undertaking the Resident Engineering role.
- Appropriate engineering qualification, HNC/HND or higher
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience of working in Telecoms & Data Network Domains
- Knowledge of Nokia IP product portfolio is essential (7750SR, 7210SAS)
- Nokia certification such as NRS1, NRS2 or appropriate Industry standard certification such as CCNA or CCNP.
- Demonstrable “hands on” experience in network monitoring, operations and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of BNG, AAA and ESM.
- Good understanding of the following protocols/technologies/standards TCP IP, BGP, OSPF/ISIS, MPLS, L2-VPN, L3-VPN, IPv4/6, ARP
- Knowledge of the associated Network Management platforms (NFM-P) is desirable.
- Good understanding of working in an operator/service provider environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Able to handle several important tasks at the same time.
Due to the urgency of this position, only candidates with valid rights to work in the United Kingdom will be considered. Only candidates with recent UK experience will be considered also. The client is not able to provide sponsorship.